It’s been quite a year here for our family. A lot of ups and downs. Some good times and bad times. All through the year we have learned, loved, cried, and rejoiced.
Here is a little bit of our year in pictures:
- Most of the month was blisteringly cold, but gave us beautiful views from our porch.
- I finally broke down and got myself a pair of waterproof boots, much needed during the melt off.
- Zoie was informed that 2016 would be The Year of No McDonalds… she wasn’t happy… it didn’t last…
- Ziva’s last picture with four legs, just a few days after this we had to have her back leg removed.
- Zoie and Tyler celebrating a friend’s birthday. I hope they will be forever friends.
- My sister and Zoie on a coffee date.
- Zach and I finally got away for a date night… it wasn’t weird at all…
- One of my many morning with the gym all to myself.
- We celebrated my Grandpa’s 75the birthday. Happy Birthday Grandpa!
- We got the trailer out early this year and spent a long weekend in Bend OR.
- During our time there we spent a lot of time walking around the river and spending our time outside.
- We also visited a lot of breweries; our favorite of which was the Deschutes Brewery.
- The first week of the month we took Zoie and Ariana and headed to Florida for a cruise.
- During our cruise we were able to visit the Atlantis Resort, something I’ve always wanted to see.
- It was wonderful getting away from the cold Pacific Northwest and being in the warm sun.
- During our meal planning this month we made sure our food was not only delicious, but colorful.
- I spent a lot of cold days in the house working on my braid game… the cold makes one very bored.
- The sun finally came out at the end of the month and Zoie couldn’t wait to get back out to enjoy it.
- Celebrating my Grandma’s 80th birthday!
- Attended Zoie’s first hockey game! Go Chiefs Go!!
- Spent all the time we could with Maci.
- Attended three WAHSET meets in Moses Lake with Cousin Kailey.
- Zoie made a new friend in Winnie, the dressage horse.
- Zoie and Mack. She loves animals and they always became quick friends.
- Zoie finally grew enough hair for a little french braid, not sure if she was more excited or if I was.
- Learning the fundamentals and safety of shooting.
- Met the beginning of Spring with a visit to the feed store to say hi to the baby chicks.
- Zoie finally met her cousin Olivia, we spent some time visiting the animals at Grandma’s farm.
- Our Godsons, Ethan and Owen, were able to visit for Spring Break.
- Helping take care of Mack at the final WAHET meet of the year.
- Zoie and I went to work with dad a few days.
- Spent lots of time hiking. This was in the Spokane Valley.
- Maci reminded me that 90’s fashion was returning.
- We had a glow party in our shop for Maci’s 10th birthday.
- Made Cotton Candy cupcakes for Zoie’s last day of school.
- Zoie, Tyler, and Summer on Zoie’s last day of preschool.
- A going away party for Ari as she prepared to leave for the Navy.
- Zoie started up her riding lessons for the year.
- I finally got my hair done… for the first time in almost a year.
- I had a small addiction to making pineapple mojitos with fresh mind from my garden.
- Ari, Zoie, and I ran a 12K race in Spokane, Bloomsday.
- Our last pic with Ari the day before we left to drop her at bootcamp.
- Ari left for bootcamp. She was on her way to great things.
- We decided that a quick trip to Seattle was just what we needed after an emotional month.
- Zoie left her mark on the famous gum wall of Seattle.
- I followed through on my threat of making Zoie get out and walk if she didn’t stop whining…
- Spent a whole week with the cousins.
- Went on LOTS of bike rides.
- Happy Fathers Day Daddy!!
- The Peter Iredale Wreckage on the Oregon Coast.
- Sitting in the field that overlooks Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach Oregon.
- Bonfires and driving on the beach.
- Real Camping and campfire goodies.
- We belong near the sea.
- We chased bubbles at parades.
- We spent a lot of time laying around in hammocks.
- Fourth of July spent at the river.
- Ari and I got matching tattoos.
- Zoie was very proud of how many vegetables she was getting out of her garden.
- Maci came to visit from Oregon so we spoiled her the entire time.
- I drank a lot of margaritas.
- We spent every extra hour on the late.
- Zoie summoned up the bravery to jump off the boat with daddy.
- We were proud to support my friend, Nay from Coffee and Ink fight her battle against leukemia.
- Zoie helped me blow out the candles as I rang in my 36th year.
- We got to see Maci one last time before she headed back to Oregon for school to start.
- Zoie became obsessed with homemade pizza.
- We had an overabundance of tomatoes from our garden.
- Zoie won Grand Champion in her Lead Line class at the Klickitat County Fair.
- We have a small obsession with hats in our house…
- Daddy was feeling a little left out at the rodeo grounds.
- Another perfect check up at the dentist… is it weird that Zoie really likes the dentist?
- Blowing out the last of the dandelion seeds at the river.
- Zoie and her best friend, Tyler, rode sheep at the Spokane County Fair.
- Zach and I got about 5 min alone at the fair to snap a pic.
- Zoie had her first emergency room visit and her first broken bone.
- She picked out the best color they had for her cast.
- Got in lots of walks in the mornings before school started.
- Papa is the best golf instructor.
- Zach struggled with turning 48 but Zoie helped him blow out his candles in a super way.
- Cousin Kailey took us on a beautiful horseback ride in the country.
- We stayed at an Oregon beach house with family for a whole week. It was an amazing time.
- We hiked around some beautiful waterfalls in California with two of my favorite people.
- Zoie got her cast off in San Luis Obispo, CA.
- I decided one day to just chop all my hair off.
- We spent a few days doing the disney thing.
- We had lunch in San Diego with some boys that I used to babysit… the last 17 years has flown by.
- We visited Mexico for an afternoon of shopping.
- We spent a couple of nights in Yuma with Zach’s Aunt and Uncle.
- Zoie made the CUTEST Supergirl ever for Halloween. And we got to trick or treat in flip flops.
- I got to go golfing with my dad for the first time in 18 years.
- We celebrated Zoie’s 5th birthday at the pool at my parents house.
- We received the cutest gender reveal from my brother and his girlfriend. It’s a Boy!!
- We went on a cruise and didn’t tell anybody… #cabo
- Zoie made the cutest little tiger on the ship.
- I did something I swore I would never do and took Zoie to Las Vegas. She loved the fountains.
- Zoie saw her first Cirque du Soleil Show and LOVED it!
- We got to see our besties in Utah.
- It was a huge bummer heading home knowing it was freezing there.
- Mmmm Spiked Hot Chocolates for the the WIN!
- Ryleigh turned 17!
- Santa was in complete shock when Zoie told him that she wanted an accordion for Christmas.
- Making Gingerbread Houses.
- It’s been snowing here all month long… All. Month. Long. SO MUCH SNOW!!
- My parents celebrated Christmas with us a week early.
- Zoie and her new drum set on Christmas
- Spent Christmas day with my Grandma.
- Rang in the New Year at the neighbors bonfire… before I was out cold at 10:30.
See… A VERY BUSY YEAR! It’s been a blast, but it’s time now to put it to bed.
Cheers to 2017!
Cheers to more travel, more love, more time with friends and family!
Cheers to you!
Happy New Year!!